Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Cookie Monster Strikes Again.......

Yesterday evening at work, the "cookie pusher" struck again. What started as a day with lack of sleep, but healthy eating choices quickly turned into a battle of will power! The woman next to me with the pretty hair and small body sat down and the war begin! She quickly said hi and went in for the kill! She explained that she wanted to give me something but had left it at home. What was this lovely surprise......... COOKIES!!! A whole, unopened, fresh pack! Noooooooooo! I told her not to bring a crumb to me. Not one cookie crumb, scent, picture.....NOTHING.... Finally, after all of that... She went for blood! She pulled out bread pudding and advised me there was no possible way she could eat it all. I should" have some" as she put it! I munched on my crackers and gave her the 'side-eye'! I'm wondering is there a conspiracy to keep my chunky?! 


I won the battle. I ate her grapes! And had a salad for dinner. But today i must fiend off the "cupcake dealer"..... smh. Its my addiction.... the battle has only began! 


To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.  ~e.e. cummings, 1955

No comments:

Post a Comment